Red Wine Forest Fruits Jam

It's hard to find jam that only has cane sugar in it, so I decided to make my own. I figured out this quick and easy recipe for it. Of course, I had to add alcohol. You can also use it in my recipe for nut-free brownies.
  • 750 g frozen forest fruits mix
  • 70 g unrefined cane sugar (may be more)
  • 1 dl flavourful red wine

You can use fresh fruits, but frozen is available all year around. You don’t even have to unfreeze it, or strain it. For the red wine, you can use whatever you want, just make sure it’s more flavourful.

Prepare it in a smaller pot, preferably in a ceramic one. Unfreeze the fruits on a medium heat and covered. When the juices coming out of it are boiling, add the sugar and the wine. You may need to add more sugar, based on the type of wine and the fruits. Cook until the fruits have mostly cooked soft. If there is too much liquid, boil some of it off.

Comments